What are veneers?
Much like crowns or bridges, dental implants have the purpose of replacing a missing tooth (or missing teeth). A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is used to replace a missing tooth. Dental implants are made of titanium metal and look like natural teeth.
Who can get dental veneers?
While veneers may seem like a great easy solution for a brighter smile, not everybody is necessarily a good candidate for dental veneers:
• If a tooth does not have enough enamel left, the dental veneer will not stick properly and would therefore need to be redone;
• If you grind or clench your teeth often, this will cause your veneers to break or chip;
• If a tooth is too decayed or is located in an area that has gum disease, these problems must be treated before getting veneers;
What are the advantages of getting veneers?
• Dental veneers look and feel very natural;
• They are durable, quick to place and produce instant results;
• Aside from giving you a much whiter smile, veneers can also correct other dental flaws (chips, stains, spaces);
• Porcelain veneers are resistant to color change and stains, meaning you can maintain your bright smile for many years ahead!